Health & Safety Policy
Training & Development Policy
Quality Management Policy
It is Powerlink Arabian Company (PLA) company policy to give prime importance to the health and safety of its employees. This is considered to be a management responsibility equal to that of any other function. As well as recognizing that in order to achieve and maintain the high standard required, both management and staff must be aware of, and accept, their respective responsibilities.
Powerlink Arabian Company (PLA) will, through its organizational arrangements, take all practicable steps to ensure the health and safety at work of its employees, and all persons likely to be affected by its activities, including clients, subcontractors and, where appropriate, the public, and in particular will provide:
- A safe and healthy working environment.
- Safe appliances suitable to the task intended.
- A safe place of work.
- Safe plant and equipment suitable to the task intended.
- Such information and instructions as may be necessary to ensure the health and safety at work of its employees.
- Promote awareness and understanding of health and safety issues throughout the workforce.
- Safe storage, use and disposal of all inherently dangerous materials and substances.
- Facilities for the treatment of any injuries which occur at work.
- Medical treatment for all injuries and illnesses.
- Adequate clean, safe and healthy accommodation.
- Adequate clean and hygienic catering facilities.
- Effective procedures for evacuation of buildings or plant areas in the event of fire, explosion or any other emergency.
Training & Development Policy:
Powerlink Arabian Company (PLA).believes in continuously creating and developing our unique strengths, as a business and as individuals.
Powerlink Arabian Company (PLA) management, at all levels, recognize the important contribution which training makes to the company’s continuing profitability.
We further recognize that the primary responsibility for organizing training rests with management. The person designated as the company training officer is accountable to the General Manager for training and is responsible for setting an annual assessment of organizational training needs, as well as advising and assisting all managers on training matters and providing the necessary training services.
We will adopt an open and consultative approach to determining and providing training needs.
- To develop and communicate to all employees an understanding of where the organization is going and the contribution by involvement that the employees will make to its success.
- To continuously develop the effectiveness of our employees by ensuring they have the knowledge to do their own job to the best of their abilities and to realize their personal career goals and ambitions by developing their full potential.
- To maximize the effectiveness of individuals, groups and the organization as a whole, to realize Company objectives in achieving efficiency, profitability and a continuing reputation for excellence amongst our customers and employees.
The objectives of the training policy are:
- Implement a training plan which is relevant to the needs of both the Company and employees.
- Enable all employees to gain sufficient knowledge to do their job in an effective way and to do it right the first time.
- Identify Company and individual training needs using feedback from Employee Appraisals, Employee Surveys, the “Continuous Improvement Programme” and Company strategies and plans.
- Priorities training on the basis of individual and Company needs and available funding from the training budget.
- Train by in-house and external courses and on-the-job training involving apprenticeship schemes, training organizations, company employees and management.
- Ensure appropriate cross-training at Supervisor and Operator level to enable effort to be directed into the area where it is needed most.
- Provide induction training to newcomers to ensure an appreciation of the organization and early integration with the company, its management and other employees.
- Participate in Saudi Arabian Government training initiatives such as work experience, training programmes and craft apprenticeships, providing training to meet the needs of the company and its social responsibilities in the community.
- Encourage development of computing skills and the use of new technology at all levels, through appropriate courses and training.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of training using self-assessment, performance appraisal and assessments of future potential within the company’s management structure.
- Maintaining training records for each employee identifying training needs, qualification attained, courses and programmes attended, and performance.
- Recognise skills attained by employees and account for these in assessments and reviews for further development.
The Company intends to:
Quality Management Policy:
The objective of Powerlink Arabian Company (PLA). Management is to provide a first class quality service to all our customers at all times. It is company policy to establish and maintain an effective quality management system. Our goal is to be the first choice of our customers and employees by getting it right, on time, every time. To promote a uniformity of work method throughout, irrespective of project organization, certain procedures fundamental to the company’s activities are implemented at all times without significant deviation. It is the responsibility of the company management to ensure that these procedures are implemented consistently on all projects and regularly reviewed to reflect current client and company requirements.
Our success will be built on our absolute dedication to the satisfaction of our customers through constant innovation, the talents of our people and the quality of our work.
- Putting the needs of our customers first.
- Demonstrating leadership.
- Supplying personnel with the skills appropriate to the task.
- Supplying tools, plant and equipment appropriate to the task.
- Valuing our people.
- Striving for excellence.
We will achieve this by:
Constant improvement is our aim and our regular procedures reviews will take into account suggestions made by our clients and employees on ways to improve the quality of our services.